Friday, January 16, 2009

Basals, Activity and Water...oh my!

For the past few months I've struggled with higher numbers and only recently I'm beginning to think this had to do with my basal rate being too high. I could go to bed with a reading of 100 and wake without having eaten anything to a whopping 300. Another thing, the past few days I've been way more active than usual and had been suffering numerous lows so I set my rate back to .55 per hour starting late last night. Today my numbers were so excellent I can hardly believe it :) I've tried to think of everything I can that would help me get a handle on my numbers and have tighter control. One thing is drinking more water. I get busy and forget about water intake like many do. Now I'm convinced it isn't one thing I've done different the past few days, but 3 and they would be:
  • basal adjustments
  • increased activity
  • increased water intake.

No comments: