Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New "One Touch Ping" Insulin Pump Finally Arrived!


Well I've been a little busy since my new pump arrived last week. It was like Christmas for me! I unloaded everything, watched the DVD on my computer and read the information booklet over and over. This thing is so very neat! The Animas rep told me I could choose either black, blue, green, pink, or silver. I chose the black because hey- black goes with anything.
I've included a few pics for now of the ping. I took these the day of delivery. The one thing I noticed right away was that the size of this pump is not really much bigger than my old minimed pump. Think I'll take a pic of them both side by side for comparison. I had heard the ping pump was considerably larger than the paradigm but sure doesn't seem like it to me. Another big plus is the screen- it's so neat to be able to see the screen without having to push a light button. The screen wakes up immediately when you push any of the up/down buttons or the "OK" button. I'll post more on how I like this pump in the upcoming weeks and months.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Thanks for the link.

I have had diabetes for almost 18 years. I have been pumping for 1 yr.

I read all the post. I will check back and see how the ping is doing.

Maybe with some of those higher carb foods that are causing problems, an extended bolus would help. I have not used them much myself. I will set one for Olive Garden or other restaraunts if I remember too. Sometimes they work like I want them to and others not.
I think I need to play with those features more.
palefacegirl at DF

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlotte, your welcome hon and so glad you stopped by. That extended bolus is what I need to learn about. I am clueless on that. Bet it would help me a lot. Have a question, you know the foodlist where you can put your favorites? Do you just upload that info from your computer onto your meter?

PS- my trainer just called me and wanted to set me up for going on the pump lol-- i broke the news i was already ahead of the game and was worried she might have a problem with it but she was fine, just asked me how it went, etc and asked me about my settings. I still have to go in once for follow-up in a week or so.
Thanks again Charlotte for stopping by :) pixelgirl from DF